Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Todays Tyvek beads

Here is today's efforts,

first off I painted 2 pieces of Tyvek and let them dry.
I just love these colours

this lot I did a bit different from yesterdays, I'm rolling them around a chop stick as I want a larger centre hole, so I wound them around the square end , put a dab of glue on the end of the paper then carefully slipped it off to allow the glue to dry for an hour or so, then it was slipped back onto the smaller end of the chop stick and this gave it a bit of shrinkage room when it was hit with the heat so it was easier to slide it off when it started to cool down.
So here they are, they are much brighter than the first lot and by letting the glue dry it doesn't have a gluggy dull patch in the middle that doesn't wrinkle.

The second piece I cut up to see what would happen hitting it with the iron and heat gun.

These are the ones with the iron

and the heat gun

though I didn't get any of those really great big bubbles like I saw on somebody's site yesterday.

No comments: