Monday, January 7, 2008

A Pink Sky in the Morning

this piece was an idea that had been running through my head during the xmas chaos waiting to come out and not having the time to start.

First off I needle felted wool roving's onto a piece of thin wadding and it slowly started to look like a sunrise/sunset over green hills and I started thinking of the quote "a pink sky in the morning is a shepard's warning"

next I made a piece of silk paper with Angelina fibres and snippets of Textiva

the silk paper was fused to a piece of Timtex then the needle felted section held in place with couched yarn around the edge and couched yarns across the piece.
Angelina fibres were bonded together then encased in a layer of organza and held in place with thread drawing.

I think it's finished unless I have an attack of the "must add beads somewhere syndrome".....

2 comments:

Lisa Walton said...

Wonderful textures J9. makes me want to run my fingers over it immediately.

Liz Needle said...

That is just gorgeous, Janine. I must find out more about Angelina fibres and the other things you mention.