Monday, May 28, 2007

Sunday arvo in the shed

I got to spend a bit of time in the studio yesterday and was able to get the borders on this baby quilt that I've whipped up for a friend of my son who has recently had a baby, Callan said I don't need much of an excuse to whip up a baby quilt, are we that predictable.




This piece surfaced the other day, so I thought I'd put it up on my design wall and wait for inspiration.
This was a piece I did when Nic Bridges and I had one of our very rare (these days) play days last year, where we were painting fabric, it didn't start out to be the basis of a landscape but I think that is what it's lending itself to or the more I look at this photo it could be the sun rising over a misty lake.



Don't these squash look fab, guess what we had for dinner the other night, they were yum.

1 comment:

Nola said...

What a great quilt! I can imagine it being well-loved by its owner. The painted piece has a lot of possibilities too. Can't wait to see what eventuates.