Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

I got the nod that it's OK to put a photo of my quilt up here, so here it is.

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
size 32" x 33" (82x83cms)
selected for the "In Full Bloom IV" exhibition to he shown at the International Quilt Market and Festival in Houston Oct 27 - Nov 4 2007.

It was originally made, November last year, for an exhibition at a winery in Mittagong (NSW) for a tourist promotion, Days of Wine and Roses.
It is based on the roses in my front garden.
I have used a combination of commercial and hand dyed fabrics with each piece of fabric individually detailed and the centre heavily detailed with thread drawing.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is just magic , I am so pleased for you that it has been recognised Ann Denmark W.A.

Lynette said...

'In full bloom' looks really good. Congratulations.

Lynette said...

Can I start again?
Your quilt 'I never promised you a rose garden' for the 'in full bloom' exhibition looks wonderful. Congratulations.
Now that's much better.

Helen said...

Congratulations Janine. Another success for you! Very, very exciting.

Lindi said...

Congratulations, Janine! Your quilt looks fabulous. I am also looking forward to seeing your duQ calendar winner.