Wednesday, May 23, 2007

follow up to last post

Nola left a message and wanted to know more about my painting.

It is approx a 7" x 4" canvas using acrylics. We were inside, late afternoon with no view for inspiration so it is from my imagination and Nic was just showing me the basics and where to start, so I started with the basic grey hills, colour to be altered as I went and then I put the blue sky in but the blue was too watery and a couple of drips ran down through the grey and as it dried it took on a life of it's own and started to look like snow, so I went with the feel and put in more snow and left it all fairly light in application as I was getting used to the feel/thickness of the paint though I did apply the green in the foreground a little thicker. - Nola, is that what you needed to know???????

I don't have any photo of yesterdays work at art school as we moved onto drawing skeletal forearms in the morning, that was fun - NOT, I can post some photos of the skeletons but not my drawings no no no no and in the afternoon I was finishing off a piece in colour and design that is to be windows into 24 hours of your day, hopefully I'll show that next week.

1 comment:

Nola said...

Thank you, yes, that was what I wantted to know! The fun part about painting is that it's a bit uncontrolled. Most things can be undone if you hate it but there's that serendipity effect all the time.

Thanks for explaining!