Sunday, August 24, 2008

ATC's

You may remember that I've talked about my niece Tani's shop Blue Attic http://blueattic.com.au/ before, well her first birthday is coming up and she is having a party on the 29th, she is making up goodie bags for the party and was asking for business cards etc from the artists to go in them so on the spur of the moment I decided that if I was going to promote myself and my wares in the shop why not make some Artist Trading Cards so they can all get a little piece of art, so over the past 2 days I quilted up a couple of fat quarters.

here is the first one it was a fun one to do, all of the strips came out of my scrap bag, it was almost a shame to cut it up.

the quilting on the back doesn't show up very well here

This piece of fabric already had silver glitter on it, I vlisofixed some silk paper leftovers down and couched down a fancy yarn then proceeded to quilt it to death

the quilting shows up better on the back of this one

I have cut them all up and almost finished zig zagging around the edges, I have put a piece of tulle on the back to create a little pocket to slip my business card into.
Hopefully I'll show you the finished cards tomorrow.

No comments: