Friday, August 15, 2008

sculpture bits

Have had a busy week at Art school this week, I'm currently working on some soap stone carvings so will have some photos soon but here are a few found object/recycled pieces that I finished recently.
All of these photos are taken in the sculpture studio so unfortunately no clean white background to set it off.

This piece is door knobs and chair bits,
on the ends of the tin strips are silver arrow heads that I believe go onto shirt collar points, this is a pretty lethal piece as they sway around in the breeze.

It may not stay like this




more of the door knobs and strips of tin on a curved chair arm


I was experimenting with Tyvek in the studio and it was more an exercise to show the teacher what it is/does, so this is what I did with all of the pieces

1 comment:

Princess of The Golden Thread said...

Like the spring scultpure and the lethal wavy things are great.
Hugs,
Lucy