Friday, August 8, 2008

weekend in Melbourne

Early last month I went down to Melbourne with our friend Tony for the weekend to see Circus Oz's final show before they headed to Edinburgh for the Comedy Festival.
My husband Tim had spent some time with Circus Oz a few months ago training up the teaterboard troupe so we decided to catch the last show so I could report to him as he didn't get to see the act as he'd already gone overseas before the show opened, though he is about to pop over to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks and catch up with them.

This is Tony and I looking very weary at the circus as we were up at 4.30 to catch a train to the airport for a 7.45am flight down to Melb, luckily it was an afternoon matinee show cause I don't think I would have stayed awake for a night show, as it was it was a fight to stay awake and watch Dr Who back in the hotel room after dinner.

We were staying near all of the Asian restaurants and had lunch and dinner in different noodle restaurants, I had this really bizarre drink which I think was semi frozen grape juice topped with lychee's and sultanas - had to have it as I lurv lychee's

The beauty of Melbourne is the fact that they have turned all of the little lanes and ally ways into cafe strips, this is where we had breakfast the next morning before we flew home, this was taken for Tony's wife Kirsten as he was trying to describe the atmosphere to her.

and this is the view from where we had breakfast, I had pancakes with maple syrup and strawberries, yum it's making me hungry just remembering it.......

it was a great weekend with great company - old friends are worth hanging onto

No comments: