Saturday, August 9, 2008

books

It was my birthday earlier this week so I ordered myself some books and they turned up yesterday, it was very hard to not just stop everything and read.

This book is The Shining Cloth, Dress and Adornment That Glitter by Victoria Z Rivers.
It says inside the cover that it is an encyclopedic array of dazzling garments, accessories and objects.
Besides all of the glorious photos it has a lot of information and history of cloth and fibres that I can't wait to read.

I just love Monet's water lilies and can't wait to make more pieces based on them.

and what can I say about this book - people that know me, know that I'm stuck in the 70's

2 comments:

Cait said...

Hi Janine - thanks for your comments about my new blog; I met you at Perth Craft & Quilt Fair. Those new books look yum!
cheers
Cait

Princess of The Golden Thread said...

Hi Janine - Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday! - think Stevie Wonder singing. The books look great! Big Monet fan here, and haven't heard of the top book before - sounds intriguing. I have that teapot on the 70's book cover,minus the blue thingies on it, just plain white stoneware, and what's left of the rest of the dinner set.

Hugs,
Lucy