Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lovely day out

had a lovely day out yesterday with my friend Nic and her mother Joan,
Nic picked me up and we headed down to Nowra, about 80k's down the coast to the opening of the Moroogal Woman's Art Prize as Nic had a piece in the exhibition.
Meroogal is a historic homestead in the region and has been owned by many generations of women and is now a museum, the exhibition is on at the Nowra Art Gallery and there were some amazing pieces from a vast range of mediums, unfortunately Nic didn't win a prize but her piece called "Nexus" was very impressive on the deep rich blue wall.
We stopped in Berry on the way back for lunch and a bit of a wander, I wanted to go into the shoe shop there as they sell Crocs and I wanted some adornments for my latest hot pink crocs, now that was a mistake as I not only came out with some sparkling jewels I found a new pair of boots, more on these another time.

here she is with her piece


and I got a late birthday present from Nic

a fab book "Masters Art Quilts" lots and lots of inspiration in here

and to round off the day nicely my footy team "The Sydney Swans" had a good win which I watched in the comfort of my comfy chair in front of the telly and the heater

No comments: