Tuesday, March 18, 2008

this week

sorry, the wheels fell off my wagon this week, here's an update, there was no Scatterdays this week as we had to put MIL into hospital on the weekend with pneumonia, she's OK and on the mend, so I've been slightly distracted, I'll do my best for the next one.
I've also been tagged by Susan and will eventually get to that, as I need time to put every ones links onto my blog.

This is my "official" second painting (haven't finished the first one yet) that I've been working on in painting class over the past couple of weeks, I think it's finished but the teacher wants to double check this week before we declare it finished then I can get back to finishing the first one, I'm behind as I slotted into this class after I came back from working in Melbourne.

I must have a great back verandah cause I've had another little friend come to live with us, my Sydney Swans Gnome (Australian Rules Football) now I have to work out which player to name him after...... hey Erica, who has short fat legs and big feet in our team?????

At the Australian Quilt Convention (Melb) that I worked at recently they showcased the works of the ladies from the "Kopanang Project" I bought this piece from the wonderful display of work by ladies from a small town in South Africa, do a search for the project and see the wonderful work that these ladies are doing in empowering themselves to be able to support their families in tough times.
There were 2 ladies sitting there demonstrating how they work and I felt privileged to be able to purchase a piece and help a family.

No comments: