Thursday, March 13, 2008

Last week

Where has the week gone........
I had photos lined up to give you a round up of last week but this is the first chance I've had to try and string more than 3 words together.

I had a very productive week at Art School last week, I've been working on a series of pieces with cut up chair legs and blocks, I had bought these 3 great old frames at a trash n treasure market and a series was born.
I've shown you the first piece "No Leg to Stand On" a few posts ago but I've put a touch of colour on a few of the pieces, so I am happier with it now.

The second piece is called "Doing my Block"
Now this is aptly named as the 2 pieces are hanging in the gallery at Art School in the International Woman's Exhibition but the powers that be..... hung this one the wrong way, it was worked as a horizontal piece, now I'm not going to go into all the boring details but there were a few obvious signs of which way it should have been hung etc etc
so, this is the way I worked it, just imagine the dangly bits hanging down

and this is the 2 pieces hanging in the gallery

opinions please, the way I worked it OR the way it was hung.......

the 3rd piece is almost finished and I will be able to show you next week when I'm back in the Sculpture studio, it is a combination of the first 2 pieces.

Friday I was up in Sydney teaching a regular monthly class, the ladies are working on a mystery quilt - I can't show you any photos cause it's a mystery............
actually the photo blogger wouldn't accept for some reason, and Gladys was in it too

Saturday saw me teaching my monthly Fun with Fibre Techniques class, actually I don't think I showed the photo from the first class where the ladies made a piece of silk paper then made a bowl from the piece, hopefully they will bring them next time so I can photograph them, but this week they were doing needle felting with their domestic machines.
Dorothy made the bright blue long scarf and Chris made the 2 pink pieces that have since been made into a cute vest with purple velvet for her 2 yo grand daughter, hopefully I'll have a photo of that soon, the pink scarf was mine that I made while demonstrating the technique.

No comments: