Thursday, February 1, 2007

Lunch with a friend



While home in Perth I caught up with my childhool best friend, we grew up next door to each other but lost touch in our twenties when our marriages took us to different countries and parts of Aust.
Jenny lost a son a couple of years ago and this is the healing hearts quilt I had made for her and her family. I had gone into hospital not long after to get my first new hip so this was what I organised to take in as my hand work, so 2 new hips later and lots of recovery time and lots of blanket stitch this is what emerged, she was very touched.
We had a cuppa with my mum so they could catch up on family stuff then we went for lunch at a fabulous restaurant on the beach at Cottesloe and isn't the view breathtaking, I didn't want to go home but had rello's and friends coming for afternoon tea so couldn't linger with the view any longer but did bring home a snow dome from the beach to add to my new collection.
I just love the water.

1 comment:

Helen said...

That is a very lovely healing hearts quilt.