Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hanging by a Thread and Fiddle Sticks



I've decided that as I'm not producing very much at the moment and this blog is to show more work than just boring day to day stuff I thought I'd start to show some of my work from the past 6 months that I'm presently collating to update my website.
Both pieces are 10" x 14" and were experimental pieces to try a few new techniques and showcase to the gallery owner back in September, to give her an idea of my style.
The first piece, Hanging by a Thread, is raw edge applique with thread drawing, the orange pieces are the negative bits from another piece, I'll show that one tomorrow.
The second piece, Fiddle Sticks, also is raw edge applique, including organza over the blue strip, orange coconut fibre, embelished with beads and thread drawing.

No comments: