Monday, October 3, 2011

Reclaiming my life Day 1

well, you may wonder why I've been missing in action for well over a year, my life has some what been turned upside down this past year, I am now a single person again after 23 years of marriage and 5 months ago I lost my oldest sister very suddenly to a very fast and furious cancer but I was thankful to spend the last 4 days with her.
I have made the decision to move back to Perth as my sister was my mothers carer and feel it is the right time to move back to my home town to look after mum and find myself again.
So my days are spent sorting and packing boxes ready for the move, so today is day 1 of moving forward and reclaiming myself, so my blog will be more the mundane of life as there hasn't been much else over the year, no quilts made, no projects written for the magazine but I've still managed to stay at art school and produce enough sculptures to have just been part of a group exhibition where I sold 3 pieces so I've still been able to channel my grief and sadness of the past year into something constructive, so today I have sorted and thrown out 2 boxes of stuff, reorganised some room in my bedroom for the sculptures that came back from the gallery yesterday, did 2 loads of washing and spent a bit of quality time with my boys (young men).
So now its time for dinner, good night.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Great to see you back in blogland J9.

Looking forward to hearing about the magic happening in your new life in WA.