Friday, January 30, 2009

late night thoughts

some late night thoughts from last night that are still running around in my head this morning, I'm reading 3 books at the moment and 2 of them are about assemblage artist's, my bed time reading is a biography of Joseph Cornell called "Utopia Parkway" and he refers to his father as a magician with references to vaudeville, the book I got last week called "Secrets of Rusty Things" by Michael de Meng refers to his grandfather as a magician and this got me thinking, both my father and grandfather were magicians, (grandfather also a ventriloquist and father a fabulous jeweller) and I'm fascinated/obsessed with assemblage art and just want to collect every bit of rubbish - sorry "treasure" just in case I can use it, now I'm not putting myself anywhere near their league but just got me thinking about connections to our roots and somehow maybe magically making something out of nothing - sorry, I think I'm getting to deep here.........

back to reality, here's a snippet of a piece I'm working on for my exhibition, trying to find the time and energy (first to clear the table) to baste so I can start quilting it



also I think aliens came and took away my son last night, he has started showering every night and even changed his school shirt on the second day but the killer came last night as I was telling him about a show that I was thinking of going to in Sydney next week and when I said it was on a school night and that he could sleep in the car on the way back from Sydney be said "well this year is really important and that may not be a good idea" I NEARLY FELL OVER, he's actually excited about this years subjects and came home yesterday excitedly sprouting all this stuff that he'd learnt about Germany in the second world war - who is this child........

1 comment:

keryn said...

There's a Girl involved somewhere, trust me.....

Followed a link off Nic's blog to find your blog; I'll keep reading now I know you're here.