Saturday, January 31, 2009

challenge 29

I participate in a group challenge called the Fast Friday Fabric Challenge, on the 3rd Friday of the month a challenge is issued and we have a week to make a piece to be published on the groups blog by the following Friday, life kept getting in the way and I was never able to complete my pieces, even enough to show partially but this month I succeeded.
This months challenge, No 29, was to use Analogous colours, they are colours next to each other on the colour wheel, my piece uses yellow, yellow/green, green, blue/green & blue, I know that orange isn't right next to yellow and that yellow/orange is next but it was the only colour that worked from my fabric palette.

It doesn't have a name as yet, any suggestions?



This is a design that I have used several times before but it's the first time I've done it in fabrics, last year in our colour and design class at Art School we painted paper then had a play, last year I also used the design in screen printing and made xmas cards, printing it in pink on green.

Below are the 3 pieces I did last year from the painted papers using analogous colours



1 comment:

Helen said...

I love the middle one - it would make a great quilt :-)