Tuesday, January 20, 2009

been busy

school holidays are a strange time, I enjoy them because I can sleep in (I'm not a morning person) but then get annoyed at myself as my day doesn't get started till mid morning once I've had breakfast and attended to the daily stuff on the computer etc, I enjoy not having to fight Mackenzie off his computer to go to bed at a reasonable time but I can see the usual problems of getting him back into a school schedule sleeping pattern next week.
These past few weeks I've been head down bum up and been very productive, did about a 75% clean out of the studio, didn't have time to keep going as several deadlines were looming but at least now I have a clear cutting area and can get to more that 12 square inches of the design wall.
I had a class sample and a magazine project to whip up and completed the first top for my up coming exhibition.
Once they were out of the way I needed to make 100 yes thats right 100 ATC's, my niece Tani is having a big "do" with her shop Blue Attic http://www.blueattic.com.au/ at the end of the month and is making up 100 goodie bags and instead of just sending her my bus cards I make the ATC's with a net pocket on the back and slot my bus card into that, so they get an extra special card.
So to be able to make up a lot I calculated that 3 fat 1/4's would give me the numbers, so here are the pieces before I cut them up.



and I didn't have to piece this one, it's a great piece of fabric


they have now all been cut up and edged, just waiting for my new bus cards to arrive from the printer then I'll show you how they look

No comments: