Sunday, April 1, 2007

Happy happy joy joy

WOW what a day I've had, got to sleep in for starters, (that's 2 days in a row) did a few loads of washing then got stuck into putting the quilt top together that I'm working on.
Can't tell you much about this quilt or show any photos as it's for Down Under Quilts Calendar challenge and Erica the editor (hi Erica) reads my blog - so I can't give anything away.......but I've got the top together so I'll look at it for a few days and baste it later in the week then I can get stuck into quilting it to death.
But my happy dance news is, I had entered 3 miniatures (10cm x 10cm) into the Thirroul Seaside & Art Festival and sold 2 of them, I had posted the photos recently when I had a play day and entered the ones that I made, so here are the 2 that sold, the top one "Seascape" is made with silk paper scraps and thread drawing and "Contours 2" is thread drawing on raw silk - what a way to finish of the day with that news.......

SEASCAPE


CONTOURS # 2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats - well done on the sales!

Lynette said...

Congratulations on the sale of your work.

Erica Spinks said...

Way cool! Were your pieces framed when they sold?

Helen said...

Well done, what a great feeling to sell something!

Janine Matthews said...

Thanks everyone for your comments, it's always exciting to get feedback.

No Erica they weren't framed, just as is, unfortunately don't know who bought them and whether they'll frame them or not. They had a ring on the back so they were hangable.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time.