Friday, April 20, 2007

Some of my goodies

Here are a couple of the goodies that I bought while I was away.

We visited Rajmahal, a fabulous thread/needlecraft shop in Bendigo and the Sadi Threads and Shisha mirrors are just some of the goodies that I left there with.



I had decided not to do any classes at the retreat but was interested in a bag class as they were making some interesting braided handles so I was able to buy a kit after the class.
The braiding technique is called Kumihimo and done on the foam disc, as we had a 2 day drive back home to Wollongong from the retreat I had to keep my hands busy as I was not one of the drivers, I made the 2 thin purple braids for the bag handles and we had made a stop at a woolen mill and bought way to much wool so I decided to run with the technique and see what I could achieve with wools, I'm like a woman obsessed, can't stop making them, I have been crocheting bags and bit to go on bags so I can see this being very useful for making longer handles for the shoulder bags.

No comments: