Monday, April 9, 2007

Ziggy the Zygo Cactus

This a Ziggy the Zygo Cactus, my piece for the Christmas Cactus Challenge on the Quiltart list.
It was a race against time to get it finished and work out how to upload it to the appropriate site but I think I did it.
It is 18" x 21" the centre piece is wool and silk tops with Angelina fibres stitched to death and embellished with mother of pearl buttons on commercial and Lisa Waltons wonderful hand dyed and painted fabrics in the borders and I experimented some more with my thread drawing and I'm very happy with my results, though a little secret, the binding is only held down with tape at the back so I could photograph it to upload it, it will be sewn down at the retreat.



I'm off in the morning very early hitting the road with my husband Tim and the rest of The Leaping Loonies, driving to Melbourne (about 12 hours drive) to spend a few days with them in the theatre doing their show then on Friday I'll jump on a train and head about 2 hours into the country to Bendigo and meet up with the other Wollongong gals for 3 days at the Southern Cross Quilters (Internet group) annual retreat, then we'll take a leisurely 2 days to drive home back to reality AND THE KIDS.

So I'll chat with you all again in a week and tell you about my adventures on the road with the Loonies.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I love the colours in this piece. Enjoy your trip!