Sunday, April 29, 2007

Coming up for air

Did you all hear that noise ------ that was me coming back up for air.

Sorry I haven't posted for the past week but I was a touch busy, since coming back from the retreat I allowed myself a day or so to recover but then I had to get stuck into the quilting on my entry into the Down Under Quilts 2008 Calendar competition, the theme this year is "My Secret Garden".
The top had been made before I went away but on returning I realised I had only a week not 2 to quilt it and get it in the mail and in that week I had to work 1 day in the shop in Berry and had 2 days at art school so I had to pull out all the stops and go for it, as much as we complain about deadlines we for some reason also thrive on them.........hmmm.
I'm not able to show a photo as it hasn't been judged yet and can't have been shown anywhere but also the editor for the mag reads my blog, hi Erica, so I definitely can't even hint at it, but maybe later in the week I'll post a photo of the back to give you an idea of the quilting, (if I can) well that will be better than nothing - won't it?

We moved onto a male model at art school this week so hopefully I can do a round up of the weeks work at school tomorrow.


BEATEN BY THE CHOCOLATE CAKE

Mackenzie and I popped out for a bit of shopping last weekend and his reward for coming as my muscle to carry my purchases, (and also to get him out of the World of Warcraft for a break) is a huge slab of mud cake, it was a battle that he lost and I unfortunately had to have the last mouthful.




I'm a happy person this morning, Australia just won the world cup in cricket and the Swanies ran away with the game last night - cheer cheer the red and the white.....come on Erica sing with me

2 comments:

Erica Spinks said...

You know, Janine, it is AMAZING how we can win games if we can kick goals instead of points. Great night last night, but it's a bit worrying about those knee injuries... Cheer, cheer!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.