Saturday, March 31, 2007

books, books and more books

Have just done something really scary, well for me it was as it involves $$$$$.
I just purchased some books on line - Tim, if you're reading this as they say on the Hitch Hikers Guide "DON'T PANIC" I didn't spend to much.

2 of the books are by Alexander Calder and have a lot of wire sculptures with a series based on circus performers, as I'd used my own personal acrobat as reference for my wire pieces in sculpture class I thought these were must have books and the other book I've bought second hand from the states is called Textile Techniques in Metal for Jewelers, Sculptures and Textile Artists, I found this book in the colour and design teachers personal collection in class the other day and I started drooling and saying "I need this book" and I just found one, at a lot lower price that I expected.
So now I start watching the mail box daily with baited breath, oh, I'm so excited now, can't wait for them to turn up.

Back to reality, this is my first weekend at home since I don't know when.
I have found the kitchen table under the ruble, will need this shortly for the quilt I'm working on, done the dishes, bought something for dinner that I'm actually going to experiment with as Mackenzie is a fussy eater, so the rest of the afternoon is mine, so I think I'll make a cuppa and head out to the studio for the rest of the afternoon, what do you reckon.......

No comments: