Saturday, March 24, 2007

This week at school

Well I thought I'd give you a review of my week at art school this week.
I start Tuesday with life drawing and the past 2 weeks we have had a model but this is my least favorite of all the classes and I'm not confident enough to post my work yet as the teacher made a lot of alterations so half of what is on the pages isn't mine.
In the afternoon we have colour and design and spent the class mixing grey from opposite colours on the colour wheel using several combinations and generating gradual tints with adding white.

Thursday is our messy day as we have sculpture in the morning, here are 2 shots of the latest wire piece, I base most of my "movement" pieces on my husband Tim, this is him warming up before a show, I added the ladder and the rope for a bit of visual interest.




We have gone back to working with clay and made a start on a head but using coils of clay to build up the structure, I'm only up to the chin so maybe after next week I may have a photo to share.
Thursday arov is our Printmaking class and at the moment we are doing etchings from zinc plates.
I have finished a series of prints of a shell I had drawn, from our first plate and now we are working on a larger plate that I've done a line drawing from a photo I had taken in NZ of a bay that we stopped at.
We have etched the initial line drawing into the plate and now we are doing Aquatint layers, these are shorter stints in the acid bath but first we had to put a layer of resin across the plate and to do this we had to don maskes and squeeze into a small room.
Have a look at Nic Bridges blog http://www.nicquiltz.blogspot.com to see a photo of the 2 of us as we came out of the tiny room and also to see Nic's progress at school as well.
Hope you are enjoying my progress as much as I'm enjoying sharing it with you.

No comments: