Sunday, March 4, 2007

back in the swing at last




Better keep this short as there is a thunderstorm about to hit.
Today I finally got back into sewing, haven't done much since before xmas with the 3 back to back exhibitions Nov/Dec, then xmas, throw the school holidays into the mix, home to Perth for a couple of weeks to see mum at the end of Jan, start at art school (TAFE) beginning of Feb then down to Melb to work at the Aust Quilt Convention at the end of Feb which brings me to the start of March - are you all exhausted like I am, pheeewww
So today I decided to have a play, I need to make some small pieces for an exhibition in a month or so, they are to be 10cm x 10cm (4" x 4") so these are what I started on today, they may not be the ones that I enter but at least I've made a start, what do you think? the stitching on the orange one doesn't show up very well, the landscape one is made with silk paper scraps.
Better get off here before the mother board gets fried, it's getting loud and scarry.....

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm delighted to discover your blog and art. I especially like the top small piece - the circles and lines - perhaps because it's so textural. Great stuff!

Janine Matthews said...

thanks Pat for your kind words, where are you from? (which country)