Friday, March 23, 2007

Every mothers worst nightmare


This is my lovely son Callan (17) who has had long coloured hair, (green for the past few years) for all of his teen years, the green has been hard to find so it has faded to yellow and with a lot of regrowth, so he decided to generate his own dreadlocks as it was way to expensive for me to afford so it just took on a life of it's own - and that's where this saga started, a couple of nights ago he said to me "I think something is living in my hair"....... AGGHHHHH this is why I'd fought the whole dreadlocks idea for a year or 2, so I googled and showed him head lice and he said "Yep - that's what it is" I thought great, don't have time for this and we had actually gone 17 years with 2 boys all through pre school and primary and also almost through high school and had escaped the dreaded head lice, so on Tuesday after I'd come home from a day at Art school I was armed with the appropriate stuff from the chemist and said the only way out of this is to cut it all off.

So he decided he wanted to do it himself with scissors.....


and I think he did a pretty good job to


Mackenzie (14) started calling him Normie cause now he looks normal !!!!!!
I'll have to post a photo of Mackenzie one day as he has long black hair almost down to his waist and still gets mistaken for a girl.
Today is "Crazy Hair Day" at school and Callan recons he'll win hands down, cause for him this IS CRAZY

PS just for the record, the entry title only refers to why we had to cut the hair off not how he looks with his long hair, it was a shame it had to go because when it was newly coloured and brushed it looked fabulous and unique.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara of http://www.parentingwithsara.com just wrote a column about head lice, if anyone is interested. Cheers, Tim