Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lucky find


AAGGGHHHH - I just had one of those hands on the face "Oh my god" moments.......... I was trimming the edge on a quilt and I thought my blade must have been a bit blunt and went to try again with more pressure but something made me check and one of the corners had fliped under and I almost sliced of one of the corner blocks.................. luckily no damage PHHEEWWW.
I'm heading home to Perth to spend some time with my mother at the end of the week and this is a heart quilt for a friend, I have atatched the binding and will do the hand sewing once I'm home, will post a photo at a later date.

Does anyone know anything about Hitkari Potteries Bone China from India?
I found this treasure at the "shop" at our local rubish tip the other day, I could see the gem through the dirt and grime and I'm now the proud owner of a setting of 5, all for the extravegant price of $1 with one cracked cup for my mosaic collection.
I passed comment that I may try to sell them and Callan my 16 year old son (the one with the long green hair) said they'd be cool to drink his morning coffee out of - with his little pinkie in the air.

No comments: