Friday, January 5, 2007

Cacti




On one of the lists I belong to they have been discussing the trials and tribulations of "Christmas Cacti" and I was not familiar with it so I googled and found it is what we call a "Zygo Cactus" which I have had for many years, so here is a photo of it in full bloom last winter.
The other photos are of a cactus that I don't know what it's called but has flowered just a couple of weeks ago, I'm sure there are a couple of quilts in these, just glorious.
I find unfortunately that I go into holiday mode when the kids are home and I can't focus or get motivated to do any work but also I'm not allowed to start any new pieces as I need to do an archaeological dig in my studio and clean it out AND THROW STUFF OUT before I'm allowed to start anything new.

1 comment:

Erica Spinks said...

Janine, the other plant is an Epiphyllum. I have several plants and have posted a pic at http://creativedabbling.blogspot.com/2006/11/i-so-love-daylight-saving.html