Tuesday, December 29, 2009

xmas update

first of all a late Merry Christmas to everyone, these were some yummy mini Christmas puds from a party last year, didn't put the tree up this year as there was no room so this is the best I can do for a little bit of festivity.

As you may have read I've been in a de clutter frenzy (snails pace frenzy) and had been slowly attacking a corner that housed a lowboy cupboard that was full of quilts in varying stages of completion and stuff and for some silly reason decided that Christmas eve was the appropriate time for it to come out and go to it's new home and boy did I create a monster, everything came out of the corner, lounge was up ended and vacuumed to within an inch of it's life, venetians cleaned and the floor scrubbed, cupboard was taken out the front ready for Anna to come and collect.
I now have a book case in it's place and finally somewhere for all of my books to go that have been in piles on the floor and other surfaces, once all the books are in there I'll take a photo.
Now this started Tim on a cleaning frenzy and had the boys out on the back verandah scrubbing down the walls and ceiling.

Can everyone pick what this is, besides the obvious that it's an empty basket?
It WAS the odd sock basket - that is no longer.

After 10 years of hibernating under the lowboy cupboard my walking ducks have finally found a home wandering around our front verandah on either side of the front door


and because of the rain Tim wasn't able to work out in the garden after xmas day so the cleaning continued inside, the mouldy bathroom ceiling was scrubbed down and I was even asked if I wanted it painted, the boys rooms were started on and Mackenzies computer has moved into his room out of the dining area so Tim is now working on the dinning table as this area has always been our office, but now the sun is shining again the inside frenzy has slowed down till I get up enough strength to slowly attack the other side of the lounge room then the guys can move a few more things around for me.

2 comments:

anna budden said...

Yes I saw this cleaning frenzy and I was was impressed and overwhelmed and a little scared!!! It was like a mass exorcism. The cupboard is fantastic and looks perfect in my home!! All I need to do is move the old one out and store it under the house where all the other junk is - enough to house an african tribe really - so that's why I refer to it as the place where the Africans live - yes even I the neatness freak can hoard in secret ha ha

Sandie said...

I am impressed, way to go, keep it up girl!! I am sitting contemplating the last corner of mess left in my studio! Poor hubby is working hard too - he's frightened that if he stands still he might end up in the bin or taken to the op shop!!
You are an inspiration!LOL!