Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tea pots

I know I've been away from here for too long, life has been busy but somewhere along the way I also lost my blog Mojo.
I haven't been creating any art other than the pieces I've done at Art School so didn't have much work to share and didn't think that photos I'd taken would be of any interest to others.
I've actually acknowledged that I have to much stuff, I'm a collector and hoarder and had convinced myself that I now had a legit excuse to collect more stuff that I can use for my sculptures but I have run out of room and getting bogged down with not being able to do anything, I know I've always lived in organised kaos BUT, so I've decided to de clutter, there's not even any room to put up the xmas tree, now how sad's that.
I'm being brave and going to sell a big proportion of my dust collectors, so I'm taking small steps and attacking small areas slowly.
My friend Anna has relieved me of 2 teapots that are now proudly in her kitchen with her other orange things.

Anna and Hazel, both sculptors from Art School but also quilters came over yesterday and we went though all of my quilts, they both went home with a small quilt each and a few small unfinished pieces that I didn't know what to do with/want to finish, so that helped, so I not only had show n' tell but got stuff out of the quilt cupboard as that will eventually go to Anna's so I can put a bookcase in that spot so all of the books can finally move from the floor and many other surfaces to somewhere decent.

So what I'll endeavour to do is just post random photo's of stuff to try and get back into the swing of posting again, but now, it's time to put the jug on again for a cuppa

1 comment:

anna budden said...

wot a wonderful collection i have - i just have to be restrained even with Janine's encouragment as things may get out of control with my love of all things retro and orange