Sunday, December 20, 2009

ahhh one day!

not many of you would know but I've had a desire most of my life to own a Bugeye'd Austin Healy Sprite Mk1, my eldest sister Glenice had one in my teens and Nigel, my first boyfriend later bought it, so it has all those wonderful early memories also connected to it.
I have joined the Sprite chat list and there are a few living down this way and every so often they do a club run but I've never been able to get to see them but just a few weeks ago they were doing an afternoon dinner run, meeting at Bulli overlooking the beach, so I was able to catch up with them and get to meet a few of them, the white one actually lives in Dapto probably not even 2 k's away.

So I got to drool and dream of one day, maybe, I'll finally get one of my own to play with.....

there were a couple of MG's there but I suppose we won't hold that against them as they do have Sprites they are restoring at home

2 comments:

beachbugeye said...

Hi Janine, I'm a member of the Bugeye/Frogeye Club on Yahoo Groups and I have my Google alerts monitoring Bugeye activity on the web which is how I found your blog post. I want to let you know that one of our most knowledgeable members lives in NSW and runs a repair shop there. His name is Colin Dodds and he has an excellent reputation with our 1400+ member group. Here's a link to his website: http://www.spriteparts.com.au/
Best Regards, Chuck

Janine Matthews said...

thanks Chuck for Colin's website and visiting my blog
cheers Janine