Sunday, February 3, 2008

Scatterdays Z

Sorry I've been away for a while, fell of my perch for a bit but hopefully I'm back on track now,
missed last weeks Scatterdays but discovered after I'd read some posts that I'd written down the wrong letter anyway and I'd actually bought a couple of tops from a South American shop last weekend while I was away to, and I was trying to work out how to describe them starting with the letter O......duhhhhh

Anyway Z was easy for me this week as we have the big "Z" - Zelda Warrior Dog and here she is asleep under the table punching out zzzzzzzzzzzz's

This is Ziggy our Zygo Cactus, the inpiration for a lot of my quilts

I was waiting for the jug to boil and turned around and this jumped out at me from the spice rack and I didn't even go looking for it

I was about to go out the back to my shed and take 2 other photos but the sky just opened up, they were to be a bag full of Zips and the Zig Zag stitch on the machine.
I was also trying to think if there were any Zebra Crossing lines leading up to a cross walk near by but they don't seam to use them as much these days - which makes me wonder, why were cross walks called Zebra Crossing anyway?

4 comments:

Dy said...

Fancy that, a zygo cactus with a name! :-)

Michelle Watters said...

Ah - found your Z photos. Very clever. Zebra crossing - never thought of that one. Wouldn't it be called that because it used to be white stripes on a black road?

Liz Needle said...

I don't usually like cacti, but that one is beautiful. How often does it flower?

Janine Matthews said...

Michelle, I just think it odd to have Zebra Crossing's here as Zebra's aren't one of our own animals.

Liz, it flowers in the middle of winter, it needs the longer nights to flower, in America they have the same cactus but they call them Christmas Cactus.

yes Dy, it's always been called Ziggy, I've had it for about 20 years, I think it came as a cutting from Tim's nan,
I think some of the American versions haven't flowered till they were 80-100 years old, I was in a challenge with them last year.