Thursday, February 14, 2008

an addition to the family

I had a new little friend come to live with me today, she'd packed her bag and left her home in Texas last week and traveled all the way to Australia alone to see the sights.
In her bag she had a passport, some money and a travel flyer for Australia.

So now I'll let her settle in and see what sort of personality she has, to see what to call her because unfortunately she was traveling on a false passport.
Any suggestions?

I took her around the yard and introduced her to a few of the frogs that hang around our yard, here she was getting to know Spike that hangs out with the elephant on the back verandah.

and here she is perched on the side of the largest frog pond looking for any cousins but she should know they only come out at night but I think she was only humouring me for the photo.

The only thing that worried me is I think she may have a drinking problem - as she came with her own shot glass - hope she's not going to lead me astray.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! That was a quick trip around the world.
Thanks for the update - the photos are priceless. She told me the glass was a gift for you. But maybe it was just to remind her of previous home. Give her my regards. Maybe she'll have time to write about her adventures down under.
:Diane

Lindi said...

I hope she spent time in quarantine first!
Definitely post her adventures, won't you?