Friday, June 8, 2007

Yesterday's Sculpture

Yesterday I had a very productive day at Art School, here are the 2 pieces that I finished, still using found objects and bits from the wood cutting room, the dead umbrella skeleton that I found in the car park is still providing me with lots of scope.
With the first piece we were introduced to sheet metal and the use of cutting, rolling, soldering, riveting and the best bit making lots of noise banging on the anvil.




and it's amazing what I keep and what I can do with it.




this is a work in progress, the morning class goes way to fast, will continue on this one next week.



also had a very productive afternoon in Printmaking class and did the first colour run on the reduction lino prints, I did 15 prints, we only need 6 prints for our assessment so hopefully out of the 15 I may be able to get some of them to register as there is still 2 more colours to go.

No comments: