Sunday, June 24, 2007

A very busy day

sorry I haven't posted for a while, life got a little hectic, I'm on holidays from art school at the moment but had a project for a magazine that needed urgent attention so have been flat out piecing the top as I loose the next week going up to Sydney to work at the the Quilt Show at Darling Harbour, I'll be working on the Unique Stitching and Design stand so come and say hello.

I can't show you the quilt I've been working on but here is a photo of some of the fabrics that I was using.



Today I was picked up at 6.45am by Nic Bridges for the drive up to Sydney (aprox 1 1/2 hours) Nic was the drop off person for the quilts for the show for our area so I went with her for the drive to deliver the quilts by 9 o'clock to Darling Harbour for judging.
We were both in need of coffee so headed to Newtown for breakfast and a bit of shopping, not to much was open at that early hour but after some sustenance we found a book shop and an art supply shop open so we were happy and left a little money behind.

We then headed over to Reverse Garbage at Marrickville but for the first time I struggled to find much, we had hoped to find stuff to incorporate into our sculpture but did find some goodies below in a place called The Bower so I was happy, I also bought a skein of wool at the markets that I will play with in front of the telly tonight.



Does any one know what the big silver thingy is in the bottom of all the bits?

We called in and had a quick cuppa with Lisa Walton then started to head for home but deviated again to the Hazelhurst Gallery in Gymea to look at a Sculptural exhibition that out sculptor teacher Ivor Fabok is part of and of course by this time it was way past lunch time so we had lunch in the cafe before we hit the road again, and to round off the trip we stopped for another cuppa with Lorraine Webster at Waterfall.

So all in all we packed a lot into our day trip to Sydney and many cups of tea.

Now to put my feet up - and have a cup of tea.............

No comments: