Saturday, June 21, 2008

Perth roundup

well I'm back in the land of blogging, have been hassled by a few friends that they haven't had their morning read, especially Robyn, so I'm back........

my life has been a tad hectic over the past few months and somethings had to give and unfortunately my blog was one of them.

Last month I flew over to Perth for our SCQuilters (Southern Cross Quilters online group) retreat, held annually in a different part of Australia each year, so this year I was lucky enough for it to be in my home town so I was able to catch up with family and friends at the same time and stayed on to work at The Quilt and Craft Show the following week.
Below is an assortment of photos from the trip.

how much coffee can a little frog drink........Gladys couldn't help but pose

this is the only photo I took at the retreat, this was one table Sunday afternoon with a "Coffee Stonehenge" as their centrepiece.

now who's table was this I wonder????????

I took a few of the retreatees, Wendy, Mary-anne & Sally to The Thread Studio - it is an Aladdin's cave of STUFF - we wanted it all......
Wendy had to ring a friend to share the experience and you can see Mary-anne in the background with her arms overflowing

when in Perth I have to go to my favorite beach Cottesloe, I sat there for about an hour watching the waves and inhaling the wonderful ocean smell, just thinking about it I can recall the smell mmmmmmmmmm wish I was there now
this is the famous Cottesloe Tea Rooms

my poor foot had an augment with the car door one night, slight hill, door to quick and my foot not quick enough - ouch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bout time.
Gladys hasn't written me lately either.
Sorry about the foot. Next time take more photos so your story about your whereabouts seems more believable. You have to follow the witness protection program rules or they'll send you back home.
I keep trying to get sent out this swamp and back to the Rocky Mountains.
:o)