Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Green Scarves

We're having violent winds at the moment so hopefully we won't loose power before I post this.

I'm back and sort of recovered from my time up in Sydney working at the Quilt Show at Darling Harbour.
I work on a stand called Unique Stitching and Design that sells wool & silk tops, throwsters waste, cocoon's and all sorts of fun stuff for embellishing art quilts and I had a ball and came home with an armful of goodies.
I love working these shows as I'm able to catch up with lots of people that I don't get to see very often - I start talking at 9am on Wednesday and don't shut up till Sunday night and I still have a bit of a husky voice.

I also bought way to much wool and I've already started to use it up.

The first photo is a one ball scarf/shawl that I whipped up the other night on jumbo needles, these were a bit of a challenge to get use to.



Yesterday I had fun with wool & silk tops and a bag of threads and made this scarf, I decided that I needed to make a few things from the products that we sell on the stand to wear at future shows.



Here's a close up.




I also bought myself a special present - but more about that another time.......

No comments: