Sunday, May 10, 2009

this weeks round up

I've had a very busy week at Art school and at home
At Art school I made 2 pieces, the first one called Skating Man is just a bit of whimsy that I just had to make, again I was making pieces from the box of bits that I had and the bottle opener with the face on it was just calling out to be made into a person and when I saw the curved piece of wood I then new I had to put him on a skate board

again wood off cuts and a bolt from my box of bits

tonight I've finished the next stage of my tree stump, I have spent the past week needle felting with a single needle the wool rovings to the base


back to art school in the morning, another couple of days playing in the sculpture studio and a couple of days of looking at the tree stump on the kitchen bench while doing everyday stuff and working out what to do next

3 comments:

Michelle Watters said...

I love the tree stump!

meghs said...

Janine, love your tree stump - looks great. The cheeky little skater is absolutely gorgeous!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

ohmygosh! That tree stump is FABULOUS!!!