Friday, September 19, 2008

Art School

life has been busy these past few weeks as my family (husband and no 1 son) came home from Europe where they had been for 4 months touring around performing shows on the summer festival circuit, so I've been busy being wife and mother.

I have been busy though at Art School and have become obsessed with carving soap stone, this one was influenced by Henry Moore, whose work I just lurvvv



and this piece I just let the stone and colours dictate what I did to it, the pinks and greens in this piece are just stunning


in between I've had a play with slicing up this wooden African mask

2 comments:

Nic Bridges said...

LOVE the soapstone pieces!!!

Princess of The Golden Thread said...

Wow- love the soapstone Janine - can see Henry Morrishness there, and my favourite is the 3rd photo down.

Hugs,
Lucy