Friday, September 21, 2007

irons

I need to vent..........

why oh why is when time is against you THE IRON DIES (it was only 10 years old) - I know breath - slow down.....
I'm madly piecing a top with a looming deadline, the strips were pieced on Wednesday and the iron was working then, stitched the first long curved seam, laid it on the ironing board using 15 fingers to hold it in place put the iron on it and NOTHING........ at least there weren't any sparks, just nothing,
mad dash to the local shops which is a Coles and Woolies being joined into a huge shopping centre, I know we can't stop progress and we need a big shopping complex but I don't enjoy having to deal with it being built around me shopping, so many trips around the car park which is full of workmen's vehicles, eventually found a spot nowhere near the entrance, down to Coles, they had one on the shelf but it has an auto cut off which I don't like so charge off up to the other end of the centre to Woolies the whole time say to myself - breath calm down breath, get into Woolies, everything still in kaos with remodelling, eventually found the electrical section and NO IRONS GRRRRRR so back to Coles for the auto cut off one.

so now that I've calmed down by typing this I'll go out to the shed and give it a go - and watch out if it beeps when it cuts off CAUSE IT'LL ONLY DO IT ONCE

No comments: